Model 8580-311 and -A31
8580-A31 (Pictured) Specs
- 80386DX-25 CPU.
- Dual 1.44 Floppies
- Two 300MB SCSI drives
- 32MB of memory, 4M on planar, the rest is on two memory boards.
- XGA-2 Video
- IBM 16/4 Token Ring "Short Card"
- 3COM 3C529 Ethernet NIC (not currently hooked up)
- IBM 8511 Color Monitor
8580-311 (May it rest in peace!)
- Runs an Intel 80386DX-16 with Math-Co.
- Dual 1.44 Floppies & Unused Sysgen 5.25" HD disk adapter.
- IBM ESDI adapter and 115 MB hard disk (weighs quite a little bit, and you know when it spins up)
- IBM SCSI Adapter
- IBM (found it NIB, believe it or not!) 1200 Modem/A.
- 10MB of memory, 4M on planar, 6M on Kingston KTM-16000/386 board.
- IBM 8513 Color monitor, which has the best color and clarity I've seen in any display, new or old...and this one's 11 years old!
What am I doing with it?
The Model 80-A31 is presently in use as a file server for my token ring network.
As for the Model 80-311, I was using it to run my home automation stuff, and I also did a lot of batch file programming there. Unfortunately, it seems that there has been a hardware failure someplace involving the hard disk, controller, and planar, so I've retired the 80-311 for now.